Australian Partner Visa Blog


You need a police clearance for every country you have lived in, and any country you have spent 12 months or more. You also need a police clearance if you have re visited that country again since the last time you left. The reason for this is that in this day and age of cyber crime, it is possible for a person to commit a crime in a country, without actually being in that country.

So, exactly what is a Bridging Visa? In short, a bridging visa, keeps you lawfully here in Australia, while whatever visa you applied for, has run its course. It makes sense. Immigration does not want people in Australia, on no visa, so they will issue you with some sort of visa.

Schedule 3 is a nasty piece of legislation. It is hard to explain, but essentially if you do not have a visa and you apply for another visa, you have to explain why you don’t have a visa. If that reason is good enough, your visa can be assessed. However if the reason is not satisfactory, the department, will refuse your visa on schedule 3001- 3004 grounds.

Page 1 of 2

Australian Partner Visa

Australian Partner Visa, helping Australian residents bring their loved ones to Australia since 2005. Based in Albury, NSW, and serving Sydney as well as other locations via online services. Our role in your visa application process is to guide you through this very exciting process, with as little hassle as possible.

It’s truly fantastic, and we are assisting more and more people every year.

Contact Us

Address: Level 1, 461 Olive Street, Albury NSW 2640
Freecall: 1800 4847 2249
Phone: +61 02 6023 2206
Fax: +61 02 6023 2209
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.           
            This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.